Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Rihanna



So I was reading the lovely Ms.Toya's blog today during my lab as I usually do when my professor gets on my nerves, when I came across a statement she made about Rihanna Fenty. She listed the young songtress among the female artists who look gorgeous but don't have the talent to back it up. I sat there and almost got a little flustered as I didn't know what to say in response. As a lover of music and ex-music major...I thought that comment was way out there. Like Marsha Ambrousis of Floetry...Ms. Fenty has an unusual tambre that works very much in her favor. And she has a very cute range that allows her to sing whatever she wants on her albums. And quite frankly, I think Rihanna should be a ballad buster, because she does them so well. My fave three are as follows:

1. P.S. (I'm Still Not Over You)/A Million Miles Away
2. Redemption Song
3. Now I Know

I love you Toya, I really do, but I think that you were really off base, but hey...different opinions make the world the fun place that it is. Quite honestly, Rihanna bring the beauty, the magic, fire and grace that Beyonce wishes she could bring every album. People are easily swayed by good voices like they are bad trends nowadays. If you stripped Binaca's voice off B'Day and put Cassie in her place...people would immediately realize the album was lyrical trash. But that's another story for another time.

No comments: