Friday, August 25, 2006

Aaliyah Dana Haughton 1979-2001


August 25, 2001 a tragic plane crash took the lives the passengers and pilot of a private jet heading back to the american coast. Among those who perished in the crash was a one Aaliyah Dana Haughton. An true heaven sent angel.

There has never been someone who impacted me quite the way this lovely woman has. She claimed all the was graceful and beautiful. Her album was on of the first.....no, it was the first album that I had ever listen to completely. She had me entranced from "Back and Forth" and never lost me when she made it all the way to "Miss You." Alot of people claim to like her after she died because she became an icon. Some of us however, loved her for the sheer fact that she was great. She was one of the most balanced artists ever to hit the stage. Where she lacked in one area, she definitely made up for in another. We'll remember her for a number of various reasons. Aaliyah was a producer, songwriter, singer, actress, icon, dancer, entertainer, sister and daughter. She showed the world that dreams do come true and we only need to try to reach them to get them. I will miss you (I will not say most of all, because I'm not the one who gave you life and only they know that emptiness) so much.

R.I.P. Baby Girl.

No comments: