Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Are we back to the correct era of music?

You know, the musical community is an interesting place for many reasons. One of the most interesting things the musical community offers is leakage. Alot of bloggers who do these music sites say it doesn't deter from albums sales. You know what?, I agree wholeheartedly. The ones who come to these sites, I would assume do what I do, and use the sites to preview and hear a song so that it may encourage them to support the artist with a financial contribution. I will admit, I never always do that as some artists need not be supported, but once again I digress....

This was all said because I went and copped the new Lyfe Jennings album, The Phoenix, while I was at Best Buy today getting some computer cleaner. I feel bad because I've been meaning to go get one of the best albums of the year, India.Arie's Testimony, and failed to do so but bought life. The only reason I haven't bought hers is because I want the Wal-Mart edition with the extra DVD that comes with. Yes, I'm a India head so I must have the CD. But anyways back to Lyfe. As stated, on Sunday I aquired the bootleg version of this. I ranted and raved about this CD as seen below. When I bought this CD today and listened to it I was wowed again. Lyfe has a sound and range that not many males (not like it's many around) can bring to the table at the moment. I'm a half Usher fan but he's not around and I completely despise Chris Brown (different story) so yes I love Lyfe what he's giving me now. Lyfe takes you on yet another musical and narrative joyride of his "lyfe" since 268-192. It's alot to hear and he refers to the last album so if you don't have 268-192, then go cop it. No I will not post the album up because I am really scared of Sony BMG music LOL. So my advice to you is buy is through media player of ITunes so that you can enjoy a wonderful album. I will be back with a full review later. I will also be extending this post a little later when I have time. Get back atcha!

No comments: