Saturday, August 19, 2006

Movie Review...Old And New



Gosh....where to begin on this one. I stated in my profile that this is one of my favorite movies of all time. This was my American Beauty before American Beauty was even thought about. This is a very timeless tale about two brothers who are abused severely by the new stepfather everyday. The brothers, after deciding that they can't take the abuse anymore, decide to make a plane out of a Radio Flyer wagon and other parts. That's all I can say because if anyone is really coming to my blog (which I hope you all are starting to :D), I would really suggest you go and find this and watch it. Buy it, rent it, or download it if you have to. I'm going right now to buy my personal copy from amazon.com right now. This movies gets a 5/5.



Snakes on a plane was something I was dragged into seeing on friday night by my best friend Ashlee and my friend Doyle. I knew in my heart of hearts that this movie was going to be eternally stupid...and you know what? I was half right. The whole concept was already done in an italian film first off, so it lost points for creativity. What made the movie get the stars I gave it, were Sameul L. Jackson and Keanan Thompson. They were hilarious threw the whole movie. Also they girl who played Cher on the TV version of Clueless was in it. That was a treat for those of you who liked that show liked I did. But anyways I only can quote the movie for two funny parts. 1: "I'm tired of these MUTHAFUCKIN' snakes on this MUTHAFUCKIN' plane!" -Sammie J. and 2: "Turn left...left......TURN THIS BIG MUTHAFUCKA LEFT!!!!!!!!!" -Sammie again. That was his word for the movie and it was definitely hilarious. The video that plays during the credits is funny and you'll see why if you go see it. I suggest that if you go see this, bring you laughing partner with you or else you WON'T enjoy it at all. I mean, it was supposed to be a scary/action/thriller movie and it was far from that. O yea, I hated the main character too. His voice was a little off for me. I gave this movie a 3/5 for humor's sake.

No comments: